www.theatre.cz is the Arts and Theatre Institute’s (ATI) information portal (www.idu.cz). It provides a comprehensive source of news about events in the Czech theatre scene based on information from the Arts and Theatre Institute and the public. Articles can be uploaded to www.theatre.cz by general public, and registered users can upload information, photographs, videos, and job advertisements. The Czech version of the portal is accessible at www.divadlo.cz.
- News: regularly updated English translations of selected news from the ATI and news uploaded by the Czech public on the Czech version of the portal (www.divadlo.cz).
- Newsletter Czech Theatre Today: Czech Theatre Today is a newsletter prepared by an editorial team at the ATI and published three times a year in English with information presented in the following chapters: text-based theatre, musical theatre, puppet theatre, experimental/visual/new writing theatre, dance theatre, and news from the Arts and Theatre Institute.
- Facts about Czech Theatre: analytical and specialised studies on Czech theatre created in the scope of the research and information work of the ATI and presented in the subsections Czech Theatre History, Cultural Policy & Funding, Awards.
- Virtual Study: the database centre makes the ATI’s materials accessible on-line and they can be sought under the following categories: catalogue of the Library of the ATI, the catalogue of the Audio Library of the ATI, catalogue of the video library of the ATI, catalogue of the Bibliography of the ATI, database of productions (information on productions, including photographs and scenographic documentation), database of photographs (catalogue of the collection by photographers), database of scenography (catalogue of the collection by scenographers), catalogue of events (information on festivals, guest performances, exhibitions, etc.). It must be noted that some materials, such as video recordings, digitised texts of plays or periodical articles cannot be made available online for copyright readings. These materials are fully accessible to visitors to the study halls of the ATI during opening hours.
- Czech Theatre for Touring: here visitors will find commentary on contemporary Czech theatre productions, the electronic version of a catalogue of productions recommended for export Czech Performance Collection (printed version regularly published once every two years, updates of the on-line version every year) and the catalogue of workshops headed by Czech professionals and intended for foreign participants ShopWorkshop.
- ePublications: English-language publications of the ATI that are freely downloadable, such as the periodical Czech Theatre; Let´s Play Czechs, a catalogue of Czech playwrights; Game´s Not Over, an anthology of contemporary Czech plans in English translation; and Czech Theatre Guide, a general guidebook to Czech theatre.
Other publications of the Arts and Theatre Institute and selected titles from other publishers are available through the online bookstore PROSPERO.
- Czech Theatre Directory: a directory of the Czech theatre scene that can be easily searched as a whole (Complex Directory) or by the following categories: Czech Theatres, Festivals in Czech Republic, Festivals Abroad, Festivals of Amateur Theatre, Theatre Organisations/Institutions, Theatre Periodicals and Publishers, Theatre Schools.
- Infodesk: You can submit questions on a standardised form and ask about anything you are interested in relating to the archive or the work of the ATI. Your question will be dealt with by the ATI’s experts using the available resources and collections and will send a response by e-mail and the question may be filed in the archive of responses.
- Useful Links: links to websites relating to theatre and culture in the Czech Republic and abroad.
Art and Theatre Institute
110 00 Prague 1